The SAM BAT MMO is a classic model, loved by the pros. It is a regular barrel bat that feels like a big barrel. This feeling is achieved by a well-defined taper from barrel to handle. The strong 15/16” handle culminates in a classic rounded knob. All SAM BATs are crafted from professional grade hard rock maple for outstanding strength, longevity and performance.
- Handle Size: 15/16".
- Barrel Size: Approximately 2 1/2".
- Based on the M110 profile.
- End-cupped and have a weight drop of approximately -2 to -3.
- Use the same quality bat used by many professional players.
- Some folks will lead you to believe that wood is wood, and that the brand does not matter.
- Others will tell you that the bigger the brand, the better the wood, because of their sheer mass of raw materials, and the ability to hand select the finest timber.
- All Sam Bat timber is of the highest grade Hard Maple available in North America.
- Every bat to come out of the mill is made from the top 5% of Hard Maple Prime Grade Timber
- That makes a Sam Bat good, but what happens next makes it great.
- Conventional lathes put a tremendous amount of stress on timber as the wood is being turned, this fatigue weakens the stick before it even sees the ballpark.
- Sam Bat timber is turned into a baseball bat on a proprietary lathe, custom built for and designed by Sam Holman, the founder of Sam Bat.
- This exclusive technology puts absolutely no stress on the timber during the production process.
- In just a few years, hundreds of professional players have made the switch to Sam Bat Hard Maple.