- Oakley's Darkest Shield
- Dodging 240 lb. linebackers while running a sub-4.4 40 demands the best in optical clarity.
- From high school to the pros, Oakley is the football shield brand of choice.
- Using HIGH DEFINITION OPTICS (HDO) technology, Oakley football shields eliminate the distortion found in the industry's first-generation polycarbonate visors.
- Oakley uses PLUTONITE, a proprietary synthetic that sets a new standard for durability.
- Whether it's helmet-to-helmet collision, eye gouging or wind blow debris, PLUTONITE offers the highest level of protection.
- But it's not just the material that makes Oakley shields better.
- It's the geometry.
- Oakley uses injection molding to shape PLUTONITE with unique curvature.
- The contours are designed with CAD/CAM engineering to maintain clarity at all angles of vision, even at the sides, so peripheral view is optimized.
- PLUTONITE inherently blocks 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm.
- That means even clear Oakley shields filter out all the bad rays.
- AFR lens treatment comes standard with all Oakley football shields, which translates to anti-fog performance and improved scratch resistance.
- Optional lens tints allow the player to precisely tune light transmission for game conditions, offering yet another competitive advantage with Oakley technology.
- Important Note: Shields are not returnable if used/mounted to a helmet.
- Please check with your coach or league to determine if shield use is permitted prior to purchase.
- Tested and compatible with the following helmets:
Schutt - all cages, Adams - all cages, Riddell VSR-4 - all cages
Riddell Revolution - all cages except Revo Short Open, Revo Long Open, G-2B and G-2BDC.
- Made to fit adult helmets only